Our Open Trap Bar with Multi Grip is simple in design, approachable and easy to use. The original Hex Trap Bar is considered by weight lifters to be one of the most innovative pieces of strength training equipment in many decades. It was originally designed as an alternative form of weight training due to the inventor’s lower back injury. Using a Trap Bar places less stress on your spinal extensors during the lift as it brings the weight closer to the midline of your body. As a result of this you’re also able to generate more power from the start of the movement. It is also a great tool for coaches to use when teaching the deadlifting pattern. As well as the ability to step in and go, one of our favourite features of this trap bar is the clearance of the collars from ground, this allows the user to slide Bumper and Olympic plates on without having to pick up each end of the bar.
One of the great features of the open trap bar is that it can be used for a wide range of exercises indcluding deadlifts, squats, bent over rows, lunges and farmers walks. Essentially, if you’re looking for a specialty bar that will help get you strong, help keep you safe, and help add a ton of variety to your training, the Open Trap Bar is a top choice.
At a glance:
- Designed for - Deadlifting with a central load, the multi grip handle makes this bar accessible for more lifters as well as training grip strength.
- Compatibility - The chromed sleeves make this bar compatible with Xpeed’s competition, bumper and Olympic Rubber Discs. In addition the bar is suitable for Xpeed platforms and racks.
- Save space - The ability to store this bar vertically creates a small storage foot print and allows facilities to optimize training spaces.
- User friendly design – With an open step through design, loading system and grip markings, this bar is approachable, simple to use and appropriate for more lifters.
- Functional – 0ur unique system means you don’t have to struggle to load plates again. Simply slide your plates on and off.
Benefits of Trap Bar Deadlifts:
– Requires the use of all major muscle groups.
– Provides overall strength and growth to muscle groups such as quads, hamstrings, glutes, spinal erectors, obliques, abdominals and lower back muscles.
– Increases forearm and grip strength.
Trap Bar Features:
– Clearance of the collars from the ground allows the user to slide bumper and Olympic plates on without having to pick up each end of the bar.
– Multiple grips - small, and large
– Holds Olympic Plates
– Stylish Matte Black Powdercoat Paint Finish
– Strong Welds
– Commercial rated, weighs 26kg
– 300kg weight rating
– Rubber feet
- Boxed: L: 108cm W: 64cm H: 16cm