6 Rubber Hex Dumbbell Exercises That Will Give You Instant Booty Gains
With just one set of rubber hex dumbbells, this workout will work your butt-on, not off. Big booty is a big trend in today's society and people are working out harder than ever to get rear gains. Reaching your booty goals is more achievable than you think, with the right exercises and nutrition. And the good news is, you don't even need heaps of equipment.
This workout was design by professional trainer Taylah who understands the importance of good form and precise movement to hit the muscles that have the most effect when it comes to a bigger backside.
Start slow and work on form and try to do this workout at least twice a week for maximum gains.
1. Goblet Squat x10
Targets Glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, core, forearms, biceps, shoulders.
- Stand with your feet apart, slightly wider than your hips
- Hold the dumbbell with the top hex weight resting in the palm of your hands against your chest.
- Keep your back neutral and look straight ahead
- Press your hips back and begin bending your knees and you lower your butt towards the ground
- Keep the weight close to your body as you continue to lower your butt until it is below your knees
- Drive your body up to the original standing position with your heels and squeeze your butt cheeks as you rise up
2. Single Leg Romanian Deadlift (RDL) x10 (each leg)
Targets hamstrings, gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, ankles, core.
- Stand with your feet under your hips
- Shift your weight to your right leg
- Slightly bend your left knee and place the foot slightly behind your butt on your tippy-toe. (this will help with balance)
- Hold the dumbbell by the handle horizontally
- Slowly start to hinge your hip and move your torso forward holding the dumbbell with a straight arm
- At the lowest point your body should be parallel to the floor with your back straight
- Reverse the motion to a standing position
3. Side Lunge/Sway x10 (each way)
Targets glutes, hamstrings, quads and inner thigh
- Stand with your feet parallel and shoulder width apart
- Hold the dumbbell handles and support them over your shoulders
- Always keep your back straight throughout this exercise
- Take a big step sideways until the knee of the stepping leg is around 90 degrees and your other leg is straight
- Reverse the movement then continue to do the same on the opposite leg in one motion
4. Lying Leg Curls x10
Targets hamstrings, calves
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight. You can either support your upper body with your forearms or place your hands in a linked position under your forehead
- Have the dumbbell standing vertically at a distance where you are able to pick it up with your feet
- Pick the dumbbell up with the arches of your feet and lift your legs bringing your heels towards your glutes (bum)
- squeeze as your reach the top then return back to the starting position
5. Reverse Lunge x10 (each side)
Targets quads, glutes, hamstrings and calves
- Stand upright while holding the dumbbells down by your sides
- Take a big step backwards with your right foot with the toes pointing to the ground and the heel lifted
- Lower your hips and bend your left leg until your left thigh is right angled
- Do this while keeping the dumbbells in the same position
- Return to the standing position and do the same with the opposite leg
6. Bulgarian Split Squat x10 (each side)
Targets core, glutes and hamstrings
- You will need a step or bench that is around knee height to rest your foot on
- Elevate your back foot onto the bench which is behind you
- Make sure you're standing at a comfortable position from your bench so that you're not over extending your leg backwards
- Hold one dumbbell on the same side as your leading leg (the one you're standing on)
- Lower your body until the front thigh is 90-degrees whilst keeping your knee in-line with your foot
- Drive back up to your starting standing position while keeping the rear leg resting on the bench
- Complete 10 on one leg before switching to the other
Complete 4 sets and you'll feel it in your backside.